Monday 4 May 2009

Things Children Can Get Away With...

Victoria pointed out the other day that children can get away with so many things that would probably send an adult straight to the loon-house.  On my way to the airport the other morn', I was unsettlingly reminded of this comment when a small childling sat down across from me with her parents and exclaimed, "Why are your legs so hairy?"


So I decided to make a list adults can no longer do on the way to the airport:

  • ask your parents (in a voice the person in question is sure to overhear) "is he happy?"
  • sing a song from Shrek unintelligibly and ask strangers if they liked it
  • lift up your shirt and show everyone around the glory of your belly-button ("put your stomach away, dear")
  • move constantly between two seats (as I sit with my arms crossed in my designated space)
  • crawl around on the floor in a b-line towards people you've never met before

0 comments:

Post a Comment